Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Board game within 3 hours

Yes, I made a board game within 3 hours. I don't know what made me to code it. May be after playing some board games in mobile, I wished to create my own, especially those crystals graphics. I learnt to create some nice looking glass buttons with Gimp, it is just silly task but it is fun.

See game image shown below(the red text indicates the connected cells count to it), the game idea is like whoever first able to make 5 coins in a line(vertical,horizontal or diagonal) will win the game.


I coded the AI for this small game, it was fun and so easy, just count the number of opponent(player1) connected coins and calculate probability for each empty cell. Next is to calculate the probability of player2's connected cell, based on these determined the cell where the computer must put the coin. It works!!, Can be made better by adding some other ideas too(like considering the distance , so that if same probability comes it will choose the cell which is more connected). 

[if you need source code mail me.]